Many of you have probably already heard this story but I wanted to get it down for posterity's sake. Lily wasn't doing much talking before she was two and, while I wasn't worried, I was starting to wonder because I remembered Noah saying a lot more by the same age. Well, I took her to her 2 year check in April and they checked her ears. The PA said she couldn't even see her ear drums because there was so much wax in them. So, she cleaned them out and I was shocked to see what had been residing in her little ears. It would certainly explain Lily's silence to that point...Sure enough within the week more words were being spoken and every day since her vocabulary has been growing. She'll repeat anything she hears. Yesterday she came out with her first sentence. As Noah was getting up to turn the TV off she said, "No, Noah, don't turn it off yet." Very impressive!
I suppose it wasn't the first sentence. She says things like "I got it." or "I did it." or "Mommy, need help!" but this was much more complex. I am trying to overlook the fact that her first complex sentence was a command to her older brother and what that might indicate about how their relationship is going to evolve...It was at least much more pleasant than having to listen to her yell "NO!" over and over again.
5 comments:
Yay for Lily! It must be great to be able to communicate with her better! Sometimes I wish I could speak babyese. When are you coming to visit? Hope to see you then.
So I guess we should get E's ears checked when we take him in for his 1-year appointment (yikes!!) in two weeks.
oh lily, i feel your pain (or your clogged up ears anyway). my doctor was always having to scrape out my ears. still happens, sometimes. i'm glad you're free and hearing clearly again! and i'm excited to hear you talking! =)
Yeah Lily!
Loey's first sentence was, "Missy you hush up."
any plans for the 4th?
Post a Comment