Thursday, August 14, 2008

A trip to the Trolley Museum

Nina took us to the CT Trolley Museum Wednesday. It's one of those places that I've been meaning to take the kids to for a long time but just never got around to doing it. I have no excuse for this: it's not far away, it's not expensive, it doesn't even take a whole day to enjoy. I'm just not good at taking the initiative to enjoy local attractions.

The kids had a grand time riding the old refurbished trolleys up and down the mile-and-a-half track, which is only a tiny portion of the line that used to run from Windsor Locks to Rockville, CT from 1840-1945.

So, thank you, Nina, for taking the initiative!

There were old advertisements in each of the trolleys. The one below says, "Find the Strength for your life. Worship together this week."

3 comments:

Meliss said...

"Maaaaan. We need to have a trolley museum out here!" commented Evan.

Very cool! Love the pictures.

Charles and Rebecca said...

I always enjoy riding the open air trolly during the Christmas season when they have all the lights along the track. Looks like the kids had a great day - did you take Noah into the fire dept museum they have there?

Jeff and Michelle said...

Awww - that last picture is too cute!