Yesterday was Easter...a blessed Holy-day. A day to celebrate the ultimate gift of new life in Christ. It was a beautiful day spent with friends and family and the only thing that was lacking was the fact that Luke was not here to celebrate with us. It was the first Easter in at least 13 years that we were apart. He spent the day with my family in Pittsburgh while the kids and I spent it here with his.
He left last Thursday to start our new life in Pittsburgh. He drove the 26-foot Penske truck loaded with all our worldly possessions and our pick-up hitched on the back. It took him 13 hours to drive what normally takes us 8-9 and on top of the slow driving one of the tires on the trailer went flat. But he got there safely and got everything unloaded at a storage space with the help of my dad, brother-in-law and lots of guys from their church (Thank you!) in quick fashion and had time to rest and relax and enjoy the holiday as well.
Now he is at his new job and I am praying that he has a great day getting acclimated and meeting his co-workers.
I did manage to get some pictures of our day so I can share some of the new memories we made yesterday...
my kids in their Easter finery



me with my gorgeous sister-in-law, Rebecca

Love you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment