I took the kids to a local farm today to pick strawberries. The last time I did this was the first summer that Luke and I moved up here...long time ago. One of the moms from Noah's preschool was trying to get a bunch of us together to go this week but it didn't work out so I went ahead and took the kids anyway since Noah had really been looking forward to it. It was a nice hot day perfect for strawberry picking (mainly because that meant the kids wouldn't want to do it for long and I wouldn't end up with strawberries overflowing from my refrigerator). We had a good time and I managed to keep Lily from eating too many--no belly aches at least.

Shades of Violet: doesn't she sort of remind you of the girl who ate the blueberry gum from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--before she blew up and had to be rolled away, that is?


5 comments:
Yum! Freshly picked strawberries are the best and the kids look like they had a good time.
sounds like fun! i remember going blueberry picking as a kid...we ended up with quite the stash in the freezer :-)
i've heard the fresh ones are a whole lot better than the ones you get in the grocery store....
Absolutely adorable! Berry picking is one of my favorite summer activities. I hope you enjoy the strawberries!
Hooray for strawberries! What a fun summer outing - and you get to bring home a bunch of yummy fruit. =) i remember going with you and colleen and almost getting heat stroke - but it was fun!
Your kids are so stinkin' cute!!
Post a Comment