Lily is progressing well in her (or should I say, my) potty training endeavors. Man this was so much easier than it was when Noah was the child in question. Of course, he was three and Lily was a newborn, which means both of us were having emotional issues. I'm glad I didn't wait until Lily was three because her will is going the way of Noah's--getting stronger every day. And I'm glad that I had a method even though it may not have been the miracle I was hoping for. With kids it is definitely live and learn, isn't it? The poor first-born children...they are so short changed when it comes to our bank of knowledge as parents. Sometimes I wish I could go back and erase the memories of some of Noah's experiences, like potty training, and insert more pleasant ones in which I knew better what I was doing.
What's worse though is that I wish I could do that for Lily too, which means that I didn't learn everything I needed to know to be a perfect parent the first time around. Shoot.
1 comment:
yeah, the oldest do get to take the brunt of our inexperience, but i don't know if i'd ever be able to learn enough to not make any mistakes, even if we had 20 kids! =) i'm glad lily is doing well - it's good to hear a potty training story that isn't horrible!
Post a Comment