Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Look, Ma, No Diapers!

Could it be true?

Yesterday was potty training day here. Grampy came to pick Noah up in the morning and Lily and I spent the day in the kitchen with lots of juice and treats, a doll, and a potty seat. Two of my sisters used this method from Toilet Training in Less than a Day, and both had pretty good results. We had a rough start and I lamented to my sister-in-law after several major accidents that I thought there was something wrong with my children (neither one of them responds well to praise--Noah gets embarrassed and Lily just doesn't seem to care much). After that though something seemed to click with Lily and she was quite successful for the rest of the day. She has had some accidents today already but is able to catch herself and I think that I will be able to follow the book's instructions and not use diapers anymore. I will of course have to continue reminding her for a while yet and maybe even have to do more 'practice' trials but she's got the gist of it and I guess I would recommend the book to anyone else who might be in the market for a training technique.

7 comments:

Julie said...

good job lily! hope all continues to go well. how exciting to be all done with diapers! =) hooray for you!

Jeff and Michelle said...

Wow - I'm so impressed! We're still trying to get our dogs fully potty trained, and they're almost 3!

Jackie said...

i wouldn't be that impressed yet. it's definitely not a done deal. i actually think i may have spoken too soon. i'm still hopeful though.

Meliss said...

Keep up the good work Lily! I bet Lily is smarter than Michelle's dogs. :)

Jeff and Michelle said...

Let's hope so! :)

Meliss said...

How's it going with the potty train?

Margie said...

YEA Lily!!!!!! Grandma is so proud of you. Just keep trying. I guarantee that you will be out of diapers by the time your're ready for college! (if not before).