Monday, February 04, 2008

"Our God is an Awesome God..."

A little over a week ago I went over to a friend's house and heard about a little girl who is about Lily's age who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and only given about a 10% chance of survival. She has a brand new baby brother and my heart was so heavy thinking about her parents and what they must be going through. So, I told Noah and Lily about her and we started praying for her every morning and evening. We prayed that God would heal her and bring her family comfort and the doctors wisdom in treating her. Noah remembered to pray for her even when I didn't and Lily always remembered to pray for her doctors and I am sure that many other people were praying for the family as well. This evening I talked to my friend again and asked about the little girl. She said that she just had another scan and it showed that the tumor had disappeared. It had disappeared! She said the parents are not Christians and just don't know what to think about this...well, now we have to pray that they would recognize and understand that the hand of God was on their daughter.

I am so excited to tell the kids about this tomorrow. I praise God, not only for this miracle that He performed but also that Noah and Lily will know in no uncertain terms that God does hear their prayers. He does care about even the little children and intervenes in 'hopeless' situations because He loves us. What an AWESOME GOD we worship!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, what an amazing story! How sweet that Noak remembered to pray even when you didn't. Our God is awesome!

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

WOW! Yes, He is awesome. What a super faith building time for your children!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i just got chills! amazing! how exciting that you get to share this with the kids too...seeing our God in action!

Jeff and Michelle said...

That is wonderful news. How neat that God laid it on Noah's and Lily's hearts to pray for a little girl they'd never even met!

Meliss said...

That is wonderful! God is good!