Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's been awhile...

I feel the need to post something though there just isn't much to tell you about. The weather has been so nice that we have been spending a lot of time outside recently. Last week started out so miserably but turned gorgeous the last couple of days and it happened to be spring vacation so there was no school. We were able to spend most of the day at a park with friends on Friday. Saturday I spent the day trimming the copious hedges around our house. They reside on three sides of our house and have been in need of a trim since we moved in. I finally borrowed my father-in-laws hedge trimmer and had a blast cutting all the ugly brown scraggly stuff away and now they are somewhat uniform in shape. Luke would have done it but for some reason I really wanted to. It was really hard work but it was rather rewarding. Hopefully we are going to be able to just rip out the hedges in front because they are a sorry site with dead spots and what not but we'll see if that actually happens this year.

This week I have been a helping mom at Noah's school, which is always an interesting experience. 18 little boys and girls in one room...need I say more? Friday is my last day this year (this is my fourth week) and I'm mostly happy about that--it's just been more fun then I expected it to be I guess and it also means that the year is coming to an end, which will be sad for Noah. You can definitely tell by the kids behavior though that they are getting ready for it to be over. They just don't listen quite as well, they get more excited and are a lot louder than normal and I've noticed that they just aren't as nice to each other. Noah has made so many good friends this year and I hope that he will be able to maintain some of these friendships even though they won't be going to school together any more. But then I guess that's more up to me than him.

4 comments:

Meliss said...

Glad you had fun in Noah's class!


Check out the day we had yesterday back at my blog!

lr said...

Strange you didn't mention the altercation between the hedge trimmers and the extension cord...

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i know what you mean about tackling the hedges. there's something fulfilling about doing big jobs like that. i'm curious to hear about the extension cord! :-) hopefully it wasn't a hair-raising experience.

Kansas said...

Spring is definitely in the air! My kids were CRAZY on Sunday... and they're multiplying, too! I had 19 kids last week and 22 the week before! Usually I average 16!!! Calgon... take me away...

Just kiddin'! I absolutely LOVE my class and will be sad when I have to leave them in June. :-(