Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursdays with Nina and Boppy

Nina and Boppy are Luke's Grandparents. For more than 5 years now I have been having lunch with them on Thursday afternoons. I started going when I was pregnant with Noah and it has been a much loved tradition ever since with only a few hiatuses here and there. The kids and I look forward to it every week. Today was beautiful and the grass was mostly dry after a lot of rain so we were able to play ball outside and take a walk up to the construction site behind their complex to see the 'big machines', which of course Noah loves. They should provide some entertainment for many months to come. I forgot to get some pictures of the machines but here are some of the kids playing outside with their great-grandparents.







When I was pregnant with Noah, Nina tried to teach me how to knit. For some reason (having nothing to do with Nina's teaching ability) I did not get the knack of it but last fall decided to give it a try again. The second time was the charm apparently and I have done several scarves and hats and am now working on a more involved project. So, Nina spent some time today helping me out with that, thank goodness because I probably would have ruined it otherwise. Hopefully it turns out well and I will be able to post some pictures of it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It looks like they're having so much fun - and so sunny and beautiful! And good luck with your knitting project - I love what I've seen so far. =)