Friday, August 10, 2007

9 Years and 1 Week

This past Wednesday, Luke and I went out to celebrate our 9th anniversary. It was one week after our actual anniversary but that was when Luke's parents were available to watch the kids. Luke took me to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which has become our favorite restaurant since we went last year but it is only a special occasion kind of restaurant. We had an excellent meal and since it was our anniversary they gave us a little chocolate mousse cup and took our picture--a much more civilzed way of celebrating a special occasion than the typical clapping and singing and stupid-hat-wearing productions you get at most restaurants. After dinner we went to see The Bourne Ultimatum at the theatre. It was just as good as we expected it to be.

I cannot believe it has been 9 years since we were married. Even though a lot has happened in those 9 years: graduating college, 4 moves, buying a house, two dogs raised and lost, a layoff and a new job for Luke, and most importantly, two amazing children, to name just a few of them, it seems impossible that it has been that long. They have been wonderful years.

I love you Luke!

5 comments:

Margie said...

I am so ashamed! I forgot your anniversary. I am very grateful to God for the wonderful husband that you have! (and for the wonderful wife that he has!)Happy Belated Anniversary.

Mother

Jeff and Michelle said...

Congratulations, and may you have many more years together! :)

Meliss said...

Congratulations! What a nice lookin' couple.

We are going to the Bourne Ultimatum tonight. James' mom is going to watch the kids, but really it will be Evan babysitting Logan. We haven't been out since last November for our anniversary.

Erin said...

Wow! Has it really been 9 years! That's amazing. Congratulations! We still haven't had a chance to go out for our anniversary that was almost 2 months ago. I guess that's what happens when you have a baby.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

wow...nine years?! it's crazy how quickly the time goes by. congratulations!
seth and i went to see bourne ultimatum last weekend...one of the few triology movies that the last is as good as the first!