The water was great--pretty warm and the waves weren't too big. The kids got braver and braver as the day went on though Lily wouldn't leave our arms she would let us go further and further out with her to enjoy the waves. Noah had a blast jumping the waves and even tried the boogie board. He's not quite big enough to actually stay on it though and got flipped upside down several times before calling it quits. When they weren't in the water they were digging in the sand and looking for neat rocks. We tried to build a castle but the bucket broke on one of the first attempts.
I of course managed to get a nice sunburn even though I put on sunscreen and spent a lot of time in the water. Somehow the sun is so much stronger on the beach--probably because it's not only beating down on you but also being reflected back at you from the sand and the water. I did enjoy swimming in the waves and even attempted to 'ride' some of the bigger ones in. It was a lot of fun.
I took a lot of pictures but a lot of them didn't turn out for some reason. Here are the ones that did.
The Greenwoods invited us back to their campsite for dinner so we headed out around 4pm. We got to shower and get all the sand and seaweed off and enjoy a great meal cooked on the fire. By the time we left the kids were more than ready to go to sleep, which they did shortly after we got in the car. They went straight to bed in their new bunk beds when we got home. The perfect end to a great day.






5 comments:
Looks like lots of fun!
sorry you got a sunburn, but what a great day! glad you got to go. =)
looks like a fun day...sorry you got burned :-(
what a perfect day!
Waaahhh! I miss the beach!!!
Now I'm going to rag on you about that sunburn. You need to apply 30 SPF sunscreen every 2 hours (at least), wear a hat, and stay in the shade from 11am to 1pm. I've seen Death By Melanoma and it's not pretty. :(
Now I"m going to go confess my sin of jealousy of your beach time...
Post a Comment