Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Picnic

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day--sunny and warm but not hot (finally!). Noah had asked a while back to eat lunch outside and I finally remembered on a good day and at lunch time. So, I pulled out the well-used CU blanket and made the kids pb&j and cut up some apples and we had a nice lunch on the lawn. It was so warm that I was lulled into a snooze while the kids finished up (they are really slow eaters, especially when distracted) and Noah re-raked the pile of leaves he had un-raked while looking for a missing Hot Wheel car (if I had known Noah meant to play with them in the leaves, I would have tried to dissuade him from such a potentially hazardous idea). He was rather forlorn since not only could he not find said car, but he had a big job to do. I, on the other hand, very much enjoyed the rest. I did take pity on him eventually though and gave him a little help. Anyway, here are a few shots:

7 comments:

Meliss said...

cutie-pies!

Erin said...

I remember that blanket! Or maybe Julie has the same one. I think I have a picture somewhere of someone wearing it as a toga. We had a picnic the other day too. It was fun except the food was all too close to Caleb and he kept trying to grab things he isn't supposed to eat.

Jeff and Michelle said...

I love Noah's huge smiles! He's such a ham for the camera. I think we have the same paper plates that you do. I know, odd and useless information.

Julie said...

so much fun! i love picnics. =) oh, the cu blanket - so many fun memories - and perfect for picnics and anything else that i would never in a million years use any other blanket for ... i wonder where mine is?

HomeGrownLife said...

I am glad that you all enjoyed the outdoors! You will have to make the "lunch picnic" a tradition.

Anonymous said...

Lilly is getting so so so big. It happens to fast.

Kansas said...

I want to go on a picnic! We've been having a lot of sunny days out here lately, which means it's cold, but atleast the rain hasn't set in yet!! I need to get out and enjoy it before it disappears for a good couple of months!! :-)