Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Left Foot

I saw an orthopedic doctor yesterday. He confirmed that it was fractured but he couldn't tell from the x-rays whether it was displaced so today I had a CAT-Scan done and will go back Friday for the doctor to review them and then we'll go from there. They did put a more substantial splint on and I have to stay off of it for 4-6 weeks and won't be able to use a boot for walking for at least 4 weeks. This is going to be a long haul.

I got a CD of my x-ray films so for an extra special treat for all of you, here is a good shot. The arrow is pointing to what I think must be the fracture. All I know is that it's on the cuboid bone.

It's such a tiny little thing to be wreaking so much havoc in our lives...

8 comments:

Carolynn said...

That stinks! A really cool picture, though!

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

very cool picture, but that is not great news! guess your trip down here is now on the shelf? :o| i'll have to come and see you!

Erin said...

That's cool that they gave you the picture. Bummer that you have to be off of your foot for 4-6 weeks. That is going to be rough with 2 kids running around.

Margie said...

This will be an opportunity for your kids to learn compassion and sensitivity for someone else's needs! Who knows how their future will be impacted by this. I'll pray that they'll be obedient and kind to their mommy!

Charles and Rebecca said...

The only problem with this post is I feel inspired to go break a bone of my own so I can get some cool pictures to post! Hope your foot feels better soon and heals properly. Tell Luke I'll be praying for him too! :)

C.

HomeGrownLife said...

This will be a long haul... BUT I'm here to help in any way I can! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! I just got caught up. I forgot my password :) so I'm anonymous...feels cool. LOL
Can we cook for you for a couple of weeks like the baby ministry I would really like to do that for you. I'll try and call you tomorrow. I'll be praying for healing and that the Lord would give your children commpassion.
Talk to you soon
Aleana

Meliss said...

Thanks for posting the x-ray! I'll show it to the kids tomorrow. You are a wonderful aunt to provide such an educational opportunity for us!

Seriously, though, I'm sorry about your poor foot. We'll be praying for healing! It sounds like friends will be helping. Yay!