Sunday, May 04, 2008

What do you say to that?

So, we were out and about this afternoon and, as we were returning to our vehicle, Luke put Lily down so that I could put her in her seat. Well, she decided to make a run for it. She has been 'spoken to' about this before but it has not made much of an impression yet. So after grabbing her arm to prevent her from being hit by the car that was backing out in front of us, I gave her a 'stern talking to' as I was putting her in her car seat. I 'very calmly' asked her, "Do you know what would have happened to you if that car had hit you?!" She looked at me very pathetically and quietly responded, " I would be flattened like a pancake..."

I managed to get into my seat before I burst into silent fits of hysterical laughter. I was hoping she would think the shaking of my shoulders was indicative of my crying at the near accident instead of mirth at her precociousness but then she started gleefully repeating the phrase. I think the lesson was lost on her...again.

8 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

That was awesome. I have tears in my eyes.

Patrick said...

I couldn't have waited until I got into the front seat...

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

oh, that's great! I needed a morning laugh to get the day started. Thanks Lily! LOL

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! How did you ever keep a straight face? I think I would have lost it! She is quite a fiesty one isn't she.

Anonymous said...

I think that I would have bursted out laughing as soon as I closed the door. lilly is a daring yet very smart......That priceless

Meliss said...

She is so stinkin' cute! :)

HomeGrownLife said...

She is listening to everything isn't she! This is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh Lily.

Kansas said...

That is flippin' hysterical!!! Gotta love kids!!! :-)