Thursday, March 22, 2007

On being sick...

It stinks! Monday night Luke came down with a stomach bug and spent the day Tuesday moaning on the couch. He would have done the same yesterday except that he couldn't afford to take another sick day. I started feeling a bit weird Tuesday but held it off til late afternoon yesterday and spent the rest of the day moaning on the couch. At least until I heard those horrible wretching sounds coming over the monitor...Lily had managed to hit everything in her crib. The second time it happened we decided to bring her downstairs with us while we finished our movie and I ended up staying with her on the couch until about 3am. Today she seems absolutely fine but Noah has been running to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so since 6:30 this morning. I hope he overcomes it as quickly as she did.

Kids are so resilient. It really is amazing. I can't believe how well my kids are handling this. Both of them just do their business and then they are fine--no crying or drama at all. I mean, I can tell they are miserable but they don't make a big deal about it. And today, Lily is acting none the worse for wear considering how little sleep she got. What a blessing. I'm not sure how well I'd handle it if they were curled up in pathetic little balls crying and whimpering. It's hard enough not being able to do anything to really help them other than comforting them and cleaning them up.

I just hope we are all over this by tomorrow. We have plans to go away for the weekend. The kids are going to stay with Luke's sister and they are really looking forward to playing with their cousins all weekend. Luke and I have reservations at the Sturbridge Country Inn in Massachusetts with plans to visit a local maple house since this is a "Maple Days" weekend. It's a nice area and not too far so we don't wast too much time just driving in the car. I really don't want to postpone...

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hope you all get better, and have a great weekend! btw - the games on the side are flippin sweet!