Thursday, March 08, 2007

Preschool


Noah has been in preschool this year. For most kids it is their second year but this is his first and he absolutely loves it. From day one I have had a hard time even getting him to say goodbye to me when I drop him off in the classroom. He has a wonderful teacher who loves the kids and they adore her. They all have so much respect for her. This is a cooperative pre-school, which means the parents help out a lot, so I have been in the classroom many times and I don't think I have heard her raise her voice once. That is a skill I would love to acquire!

He has made many new friends and gets along well with everyone in his class. He has learned how to write his name and count to 100 and cut things out of paper. They made dinosaurs out of chicken bones and are compiling an ABC book. For all these reasons I am really glad that I sent him to preschool this year but probably the best reason for me is that after only two and a half hours of playing with his friends and doing crafts and learning about fun things he still is excited to see me when I pick him up. He runs out smiling and gives me a big hug. That is an incredible feeling.

So, next year will be interesting because we have decided to try out homeschooling. Noah seems to be okay with the idea but I'm not sure how much he understands it yet. When the time comes and he isn't going to school like most of his friends, we may have an upset little boy on our hands. But I'm pretty sure that he will handle it well. The preschool experience has been great for him but right now this seems like the best option for our family. Only time will tell, I suppose. And until then, I have a lot of prep work to do...

Like I said, they have done lots of fun crafts but this one was my favorite. You probably can't read the text but it says:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But everyday I'm growing up
And soon I'll be so tall
That all those handprints
Will be hard to recall.

So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was so small.



2 comments:

Meliss said...

...making dinosaurs out of chicken bones tickles my funny bone! :D

Kansas said...

That is an adorable picture!!! Do you need my address?? hehe... just kidding!! But I am going to print that baby off... he is too cute!!