For those of you who have played the spelling bee game, (which, I agree, is terribly addictive) don't you think the voice of the word reader (or whatever else you might call him) sounds like the voice of The Grinch from the original animated production?
So, here is some trivia: Boris Karloff was the narrator and the voice of The Grinch. At Chrismas-time this year, I heard the song from the movie on the radio and I thought that the DJ said that it was actually Dr. Seuss singing the song but I checked into it and apparently I was wrong (yes, I am fully capable of admitting such a thing contrary to popular belief). The man who sang that song, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch", was Thurl Ravenscroft. It was a tad disappointing to find that out because I just thought it was so cool that it could have been the actual Dr. Seuss.
No comments:
Post a Comment