Monday, March 26, 2007

Question

What would you do or expect if, on your last morning in a hotel which had provided comfortable accomodations, you discovered that there was absolutely no hot water to be had for your much anticipated shower? Would that change if, when you reported the problem, no immediate action was taken to rectify the situation and you waited for an hour before they even called maintenance to see if there was a fixable problem and when they did check into it, discovered that it was not able to be fixed?

Please, if you would, post your answers in the comment section of this blog. It would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

um, yeah, i don't know. i would be happy with the $50 probably, but wouldn't go back--esp. if the guy was a jerk. was only your room effected?

Patrick said...

i wouldn't go back either. the $50 is nice, and almost a reasonable gesture, but you do think that people might be a little nicer. maybe the place wasn't doing well, and on top of replacing the water heater, the $50 was going to be hard to spare. i know that none of that has to do with ice-cold hair washing, but at the same time, they did give you some money back. of course you won't return, but i would indeed expect a deeper apology. on the other hand, i had a first-year student reduly interrupt a meeting of mine, and upon follow-up, he only explained himself and did come nowhere near an apology...a sign of the times i guess...

Margie said...

I guess I would have packed up and moved because a hot shower is so important to me that my good time would have be seriously challlenged without one especially if I had had to wash my hair in ice cold water. When you pay hard earned money for a relaxing weekend then that is what you should get and if you don't get what you paid for then at least some of it should be refunded. I try to impress my staff with the fact that "the customer is always right."

HomeGrownLife said...

I would certainly ask for a partial refund. I would assume that the staff/owner would offer this in the first place. Also, you're braver than I am... I would never wash my hair in ice cold water!