I finally did it! After three + years in this house I have finally painted my kitchen. Gone is the ugly wallpaper that I'm sure was original to the house, which was built in the early 1950's. It was wretched but for some reason it wasn't bad enough to get my lazy butt in gear. Did I mention that I detest painting? I actually think it is the cleaning up that makes me hate the whole job so much plus the fact that it never turns out as well as I want it to. I see all my little mistakes and sloppiness even though I was trying desperatley to be careful and clean. So frustrating! But now I have a bright, fruity, fun kitchen and maybe I'll enjoy cooking that much more becuase of it. Anyway, here are some pictures of the finished product. If you want to see the befores and durings you can check out
my web albums.



I still would like to get more stuff for the walls and I need new curtains (don't worry, the brown gingham won't be staying) and hopefully we'll be able to put in a new floor soon but that remains to be seen. I'm definitely pleased with the new look so far.
7 comments:
Hooray! It looks great - and what a relief to be rid of the wallpaper. Have fun cooking in your pretty new space. Go you! =)
Jackie,
I think you did a great job! It really is cheerful looking.
Mother
love it. so cheery. i hope to enjoy it in person next winter! i will miss the old kitchen though *sniffle* *tear*
Don't mind me, I'm just licking your walls. Just kidding, but they do look fruity. I love it! Can you come paint my family room now? If someone would just get out all the equipment, set it up and then clean it up, I wouldn't mind painting. What was that about a lazy butt?
what? you didn't like that wallpaper?! :-D i'm so thankful that we only had one room with that nasty stuff in our house. i seriously think it should be banned!
it looks great...nice job!!
The kitchen looks good. I like the color. Very bright and fun.
so lovely and bright...i love that color...when are you coming to pittsburgh??
Post a Comment