We went to Luke's parents for church and then a family celebration at lunchtime, which Nina and Boppy joined us for. The guys did all the cooking, which was a nice change. Charlie is a wonderful chef and made a gourmet grilled chicken salad, Boppy brought the bread, Dad bought and (Charlie) prepared some coconut shrimp with Thai dipping sauce, which was amazing and Luke made (from scratch) an incredible chocolate mousse cake garnished with strawberries and raspberries that was to-die-for. Yum.
It was a gorgeous day and the kids had fun playing outside on their bikes and the swingset and even got to 'swim' in the hot tub while the rest of us relaxed and talked. What a lovely day. I hope you all had as wonderful a Mother's Day as I did.
Here are some pictures from our day. I was very remiss in my picture taking and didn't get one of me with my kids but here are the rest:





2 comments:
Yeah! I'm glad you had a super Mother's Day!! I wished all my kindergartener's mom's happy mother's day at church and one wished me one back, then said "wait, are you a mother?" I said yeah... i've got about 20 and pointed to my full classroom!! :-) LOL!!
Oooh... ya know what else is good for dipping coconut shrimp? Pina Colada yogurt!!! YUMMY!!!
Post a Comment