Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Memory Work

For our first effort at memorization we did Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth". We only did 'circle time' 3 days last week and Noah had it down pat pretty quickly. Lily would repeat it after me every day but I didn't even bother seeing if she could do it on her own. Well, this morning she walks into the living room as I am sitting down with the Bible and starts talking and it's not 'til she gets to the 'heavens and the earth' part that I realized she had just quoted the whole verse for me. I was shocked and asked her to do it again and she did. She even said it again for Luke tonight along with our new memory work, which is a short prayer from a devotional, and she only needed a tiny bit of help from me. We only started working on that yesterday! Now, I know that most parents are biased towards their kids when it comes to cuteness and brilliance and what not...but come on...she is only 2 and a half...she is one smart cookie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic! How is Noah doing?

HomeGrownLife said...

We are so proud of you Lily!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

yea, lily! it really is amazing what the can learn at such a young age.

Erin said...

Wow! Way to go Lily! Such a cute, smart girl!

Margie said...

That's why I was willing to teach a sunday school class of 18 month old babies over the years. They learned so much!

Mother