Well, I haven't posted anything in a week. I'd like to say it's because so much has been going on and I have so much to catch you all up on but, sadly, that is not the case. Instead, it is because nothing much happened (which just means that it was a pretty normal week).
Although for Noah, I suppose it was a rather good week because he got to go to his friends house for a 'playdate'. This was a long awaited and very-much-talked-about playdate. He had never been to this friends house before so it was particularly exciting.
Now that Noah is in preschool, the rules for playdates are a little fuzzy: do you drop the kid off or do you stay and chat with their mother (or grandmother in this case) whom you only know from the brief encounters at the school when you are dropping off and picking up your children? Before it was always Noah coming with me to my friends' houses to play with my friends' kids who were his friends by default. But now Noah has his own friends and I don't know their mothers all that well and don't know how comfortable it will be sitting in a relative stranger's house for 2 hours while our kids play. Nor do I know how comfortable I am leaving him at that house. And I have to decide if I have a legitimate concern for not wanting to leave him or if I am just having trouble cutting the strings a little bit more. So, in this case, the plan was for me to drop Noah off but I went in for what was supposed to be a brief hello and goodbye and ended up staying for over 2 hours talking. I am glad that it went that way because it was great to get to know a very nice lady a little better and now I will feel more comfortable about leaving him at this particular friend's house in the future.
It is rather amusing to me that I am writing this because I recently perused a book in the book store called The Three-Martini Playdate, which was recommended to me by a friend. It is a very funny common-sense advice book on parenting and it talked about just this sort of dilemma. The author's tongue-in-cheek suggestion on how to determine which are the mothers you would want staying at your own house for the play-date would be to mix up a batch of martinis and share them and see if they freak out or not. I suppose this sort of litmus test would totally depend on the person giving it...
So, anyway, other than this playdate of Noah's it was a very uneventful week. We did have another snow storm at the end of the week, which was rather disappointing considering that the three days prior to it were sunny and warm. What a tease! But spring is just around the corner so maybe it was the last hurrah for the winter. Noah and Lily were quite happy to get to play in the snow so I guess it's not all bad. However, Noah did manage to get a nice scrape and shiner when he was sledding today. Maybe I'll get a picture of it tomorrow and post it so you all can see it. Wouldn't that be great?!
I hope you'll excuse my ramblings but I felt the need to post something. I can't get out of the habit this early in the game...
1 comment:
Nice work cuz! Way to keep it going!! :-) Oh... and I like the games, by the way!! I'm REALLY bad at them... but they're fun nonetheless!! :-) Have a great week!!
Post a Comment