Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Knitting Project

I've been making a poncho for Lily, which I just finished the other night. It's a little too warm for it now but we'll probably have some cool days or evenings that it will come in handy and it should fit her thru the fall and most of the winter. The pattern was pretty simple but it's the first project I've done that required piecing it together and increasing the number of stitches and whatnot. It was fun to do and I'm rather pleased with the finished product even with it's several 'mistakes' and fudges that I made.

front and back pieces

finsished off with a pocket and hood

and in use
Isn't she the sweetest little thing?!

6 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

I'm so impressed. What a perfect shade of pink. Lily looks adorable and I'm sure that you are really feeling proud seeing her in that poncho!

Erin said...

Nice job on the knitting. Lily looks so cute in the poncho.

Meliss said...

Yes she is! Good work on the knitting. I'm kinda jealous. I want to learn to sew, knit and crochet!

Margie said...

She is so-0-0-0 cute! I'd love to be able to kiss those cheeks!

Grandma Margie

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

very impressive!! it looks so cute with the matching dress too.

Julie said...

You must be getting really good - the poncho came out great (and it looks a lot more complicated)! Hooray! And such a cute model. =)